Making the Case for Conceptual Design – an Expert Panel Discussion
A joint panel of experts from SEI and IStructE will explore the importance of conceptual design skills in structural engineering practice. Conceptual design skills deeply resonate with the core missions of IStructE and SEI, and are foundational to their cooperative efforts to advance the structural engineer as leader and innovator. Engineers must master the arts of creative problem solving and critical thinking in order to develop innovative new ideas, and they must be able to clearly communicate their vision in order to see it realized.
- David J. Odeh, SE, PE, SECB, F.SEI, F.ASCE–Principal, Odeh Engineers, Inc.
- Ian Firth, FREng FICE FIStructE HonFRIBA–Consultant, COWI UK
- Erleen Hatfield, PE, SE, AIA, LEED AP–President, Hatfield Group
- Paul E. Kassabian, P.E. (15 states), P.Eng. (AB), C.Eng. (UK)–Principal, SimpsonGumpertz & Heger
- Tanya de Hoog, FIStructe, Thornton Tomasetti